Table of contents
- General Information
- Research Experience
- Project Experience
- Work Experience
- Honors and Awards
- Leadership and Extracurricular Activities
|Full Name||Jing-Yuan Huang (黃靖元)|
|Date of Birth||17th October 2000|
2019 Sep. - 2023 Jun.
Bechelor Degree of Electrical Engineering
National Taiwan University
- Overall GPA: 4.15/4.3 (3.94/4)
- Last 60 credits: 4.25/4.3 (3.98/4)
2021 Mar. - 2022 May.
Design and Evaluation of the infant Cardiac Robotic Surgical System (iCROSS)
NTU EE NASA Lab
- Devised and implemented prototypes of cable roller tool drivers for various surgical instruments, such as clip appliers and forceps.
- Fabricated the system utilizing a combination of FDM, SLA 3D printing, and laser cutting techniques, achieving 1-millimeter precision.
2022 Feb. - 2022 Aug.
Attitude Control Calibration and Experiment Testbed to Characterize Attitude Determination and Control System Performance
- Designed and evaluated a triaxial Helmholtz cage for a Nano-satellite testing system, achieving <5% deviation within a 100 mm^3 volume.
- Conducted magnetic field measurements, analyzed the results with MATLAB simulations for homogeneity, linearity, and coupling.
2022 May. - 2022 Oct.
Chandelier - A Surrounding Mid-Air Tangible Interface
NTU CSIE HCI Lab
- Developed motor control boards employing TB6612 drivers and microcontrollers to effectively control 120 DC motors.
- Created ESP32 code to enable touch sensing and TCP communication for four user applications, enhancing human-computer interaction.
A sand-painting robot arm
- Constructed an open-source robot arm and created two novel end-effectors of sprinkling and scraping to perform sand painting.
- Modeled and formulated a sand-painting path planning algorithm, resulting in processing input images into robot commands within 1 minute.
Ratrig V-CORE 3
An open-source 3D printer
- Revamped an open-source 3D printer, enhancing print quality through the addition of fans and adaptable enclosures.
- Fine-tuned the machine for a wide range of materials, including PLA, ABS, TPE, PETG, and carbon fiber nylon.
An itamae sushi-making robot system
- Engineered a four-plated folding mechanism and a soft gripper by combining PLA and TPE materials in 3D printing.
- Developed ROS2 software to facilitate host synchronization with the robot arm and subsystems via serial, promoting seamless collaboration.
A FPGA-based sign language recognition system
- Devised and crafted a glove featuring an IMU and bending sensors for real-time sign language recognition.
- Enhanced recognition accuracy by implementing Dynamic Warping, Viterbi algorithm on an FPGA.
Self-Tracing Robot Car
An automated car equipped with a fire detection and extinguishing system and remote control capability
- Fabricated a mechanical Crank rocker system for the extinguisher aiming mechanism, providing 20cm of vertical adjustment.
- Developed object detection code on a Raspberry Pi using OpenCV and established a remote control connection interface with a PC via Wi-Fi.
2021 Sep. - 2023 Dec.
Digital Archive of Lin-Shan Lee
- Created key visual elements for the website, including graphic images, artistic animations, and logos, using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Took charge of guiding website design and promoting communication and collaboration within the coding team during weekly meetings.
2023 Feb. - 2023 June.
Cornerstone EECS Design and Implementation Course
- Provided hands-on assistance to students in soldering, circuitry, and Arduino projects within the class.
- Delivered lectures on the usage of 3D printers and laser cutting, and conducted regular TA office hours in the Maker Space.
2022 Jul. - 2022 Sep.
Mechanical Engineer Intern
- Integrated an IMU and stretch sensors to perform sensor fusion for gesture recognition, enhancing user comfort during scanner operation.
- Designed PCBs for Ultra-wide band (UWB) tags and an ESP32 controller, enabling indoor positioning capabilities for warehouse scanner devices.
2022 Feb. - 2022 Jun.
Hardware Engineer Intern
- Simulated magnetic fields and designed 3 Helmholtz Coil devices using stacked phenol-formaldehyde resin plates to ensure structural strength.
- Engineered a 2-Axis platform for automated sun sensor calibration, significantly reducing manual operation time.
Honors and Awards
- Grand award: Best application, MakeNTU
- NXP courporation award: 3rd place, MakeNTU
- Grand award: Best maker, MakeNTU
- ST courporation award: 3nd place, MakeNTU
- Grand award: 3rd Place, National College Innovation and Cross‑domain Integration Competition
- 2019 The High Distinction Award, NTU general physics lab creative design contest
Leadership and Extracurricular Activities
2020 Sep. - 2023 Jul.
NTU Electrical Engineering Maker Space
- Managed the public space and provided guidance to users in 3D printing, laser cutting, coding, and hardware development.
- Delivered public presentations in academic salons, sharing experiences related to hardware development.
2020 Sep. - 2022 Jun.
Prop Group Project Leader
NTU Electrical Engineering Light Dance
- Led a team of 10 students in the design and implementation of props for characters, utilizing WS2812 LEDs, STM32 Bluepill, and Raspberry Pi.
- Developed testing code using C++ on a Raspberry Pi 4B to control WS2812 LED strips and LEDs with optical fibers.
2021 Sep. - 2022 Jun.
Marketing Department President
NTU Electrical Engineering Student Association
- Guided a student team in shaping the key vision for electrical engineering student events.
- Delivered lectures on visual and graphic design using Photoshop and Illustrator, reaching an audience of over 15 students.
2019 Sep. - 2020 Feb.
Curriculum and Instruction Section Chief
Chaiyi and Yunlin Student Association Social Service Team
- Devised the syllabus and multi-level experiments for instructing elementary school students in basic science and mathematics.
- Conducted a lecture explaining the principles of Arduino and its application in lighting up LEDs.